Storyography Video Memoir Service
A video service dedicated to preserving our memories, life stories, family history and culture.
For more questions contact Storyography at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or fill out a request on the contact page.
Storyography: A list of sample questions to jog your memory
and get those story juices flowing:
- What was it like…? Childhood, the war, starting out…
- What do you wish your mother or father had told you?
- What made you realize you were ‘becoming’ your Father or Mother?
- What rules or advice did you get from your parents? "My mother always told me . . ." or "My dad would always say ....."
- Did you pass the same messages to your own children?
- Were you close to your parents? Why or why not?
- For whom were you named?
- Did you know them? Do you know anything about them?
- What event changed your life?
- What would you do over? What do you wish you could change?
- Do you want to forgive anyone?
- How do you want to be remembered? By whom?
- What is your favorite music? Do you play an instrument?
- Did you play any sports?
- What makes you laugh?
- When is the last time you were embarrassed? (What happened?)
- What activities energize and excite you?
- What makes you angry?
- Who was/ is a hero?
- Who was your best friend?
- If you went back in time, what year would it be?
- If you didn’t know your age, how old would you be?
- Who inspires you? Why?
- What was difficult?
- What are two personal habits that have served you well?
- What would you tell your younger self?
- What would your younger self tell you?
- What have you never shared but want to?
- What do you consider the most important thing(s) you have done in your life?
- How did you get along with your siblings (as applicable)?
- Who was best childhood friend?
- What favorite books (or least favorite) do you remember reading when a kid?
- What was your proudest moment in school?
- Where did you meet your husband/wife?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- What inventions do you remember changing the world quickly?
- When did you get your first computer?
- What is the most inspiring thing anyone has ever said to you?
- What are the moments in history that you can remember where you were and what you were doing?
- What would you consider the high and low points of your life?
- What aspect of your work are you passionate about?
- When you are not working what is your greatest pleasure?